Sponsored by Maupintour
Everyone loves a good trivia night, and if you’re like us you’ve probably joined at least a couple throughout this pandemic. Zoom parties are all the rage, but they’re much more fun when a good old fashioned game is involved. If you’ve been searching for trivia questions to add to your next game night, you’re in luck. We’re putting together 40 travel trivia questions that you can add to a PowerPoint and present with your friends at game night. Pull out your favorites and see how many of these you can get. We’ll go in groups of 10, with answers following each group. Enjoy!
Travel Trivia Category: Won’t You Be My Neighbor
Description: Name one neighboring country of the country mentioned. (Must share a land border)
3. Costa Rica
5. North Korea
1. Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, or France (plus two small countries within Italy: San Marino and Vatican City)
2. Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, Bhutan, Nepal, Myanmar, or Bangladesh (Sri Lana and Maldives share water borders but not physical land borders)
3. Nicaragua or Panama
4. Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, or Chile
5. South Korea, China, or Russia
7. Egypt, Sudan, Niger, Chad, Tunisia, or Algeria
8. The Dominican Republic
9. Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Tanzania, or Uganda
10. Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, or Myanmar
Travel Trivia Category: What’s Old is New
Description: All about the oldest and the newest
1. What continent is home to the newest country in the world? (Bonus point if you can guess the country)
2. Which is older: the Great Wall of China or the Ancient Pyramids
3. Which is newer: The Eiffel Tower or The Statue of Liberty?
4. In what country would you find the famous archaeological site of Petra?
5. Built in 2010, what fairly new building is the tallest in the world?
6. How many states start with the word, “new”?
7. Name the first and last state to enter the union
8. What city in Syria is widely believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world?
9. Name the only country in the world that starts with the word, “new”
10. Name any of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, other than the Ancient Pyramid of Giza
1. Africa (South Sudan)
2. The Pyramids
3. The Eiffel Tower is newer (1887) than the Statue of Liberty (1875)
5. Burj Khalifa
6. 4 (New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York)
7. Delaware and Hawaii
9. New Zealand
10. Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Temple of Artemis, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria.
Travel Trivia Category: Great, now I’m hungry
Description: All about food
1. What is the most widely eaten food in the world?
2. What is escargot?
3. In which country would you be most likely to find the dish, Pad See Ew?
4. What is Italy’s national dish?
5. What fast food chain has the most locations worldwide?
6. What shape is a samosa?
7. What country is typically cited as the birthplace of Borscht?
8. What country consumes the most cheese per person?
9. In what country would you find tapas?
10. What is Scotland’s national dish?
Travel Trivia Category: Here, there, and everywhere
1. What country has the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
2. What country has the most neighbors?
3. What famous sea touches Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania?
4. What is the busiest airport in the world?
5. What Scandinavian country is the safest country in the world?
6. Which OTHER Scandinavian country was rated the happiest in the world in 2020? (Third year in a row)
7. What is the longest river in the world? (according to the Guinness World Records)
8. Name the famous animal that only resides in Borneo or Sumatra?
9. What countries national airline is called, “Aer Lingus”
10. What is Canada’s national animal?
2. China and Russia (tie, either answer gets a point)
3. The Black Sea
4. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
7. The NIle